This website is provided by AlixPartners LLP on behalf of the Equal Representation for Expert Witnesses (ERE).
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes.
We comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of where you reside. AlixPartners and its subsidiaries have entered into an Intragroup Agreements permitting the transfer of this data. These agreements govern the collection, storage, use, retention, transfer and other processing of personal information transferred from those locations to the U.S.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, AlixPartners LLP acts as a Data Controller or Business over your personal information, determining both the purpose for which, and the means by which, the data is processed.
AlixPartners will lawfully process your personal information, taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms, by virtue of our legitimate interests in seeking to develop and maintain relationships within our industry and the sectors in which our clients operate.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information in the course of ERE’s activities.
Where we collect information:
When you sign the ERE Pledge by completing the form on this website
Personal information we collect:
- Personal information: your name, job title, organisation
- Contact information: email address
What do we do with the personal information we collect?
We collect, process and use your personal information for different purposes, which include the following:
- to display your details on this website – with your express consent – to demonstrate your support for the ERE Pledge
- To contact you via email to inform you about developments with ERE and events
- To share with you opinions or subjects that may be of interest to you
Whom do we share this information with?
Our Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
We process your personal information as described above based on the following legal bases, where applicable:
- if the transmission of your personal information is reasonably necessary in order to achieve the purposes outlined in the section titled, “What do we do with the personal information we collect”;
- if the transmission of your personal information to subcontractors or to our consultants is required to fulfill a contract which you entered into with us;
- if the transmission of your personal information is necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests and is proportionate bearing in mind your interests and your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- to comply with or respond to governmental, professional and legal obligations or inquiries, carry out investigations and perform internal administrative activities; or
- if the transmission of your personal information is required or permitted by applicable law
- to administer our website
Transfers of information to other countries
How to exercise your data rights?
If you are in the UK, Switzerland, or the European Economic Area (EEA), please click here.
If you are in Argentina, please click here.
If you are in California, please click here.
If you are in any other jurisdiction, please click here.
Protection of Collected Personal Information
The AlixPartners website is not intended for use by minors under the age of 16 and as such we request that minors under the age of 16 do not submit any personal information to us via the website. We recommend that parents remind their children to handle their personal information securely and responsibly on the Internet. We will not ask minors to provide their personal information if we have knowledge of their minority.
Linking to other websites
This website contains links to other websites which are not operated by AlixPartners. We assume no responsibility for the contents provided by third parties and hereby exclude all liability for the data protection and data security devices provided on the linked websites. We strongly suggest you review the third parties’ privacy policies that you access from our website.
Retention of your Personal Information
We retain your personal information as necessary to achieves the purposes described above. The duration will vary depending on the circumstances around how and why your data was collected and how and if we have developed a business relationship. We will make all reasonable efforts to delete your data if requested or we have identified no further legitimate uses for that data. To exercise your data rights, see the “How to Exercise Your Data Rights?” section above.
About us and contact details
This website is provided by AlixPartners, LLP of 2000 Town Center, Suite 2400, Southfield, Michigan, 48075, United States of America. Our website server is based in the United States of America.
Sections of the website relate to different jurisdictions and/or AlixPartners group companies, but this is part of our main website and your personal information submitted via this website will go to the United States of America.